Terms & Conditions
This is your Business Bill paying agreement with Citizens State Bank.
You may use Citizens State Bank's bill paying service, Business BillPay-e, to
direct Citizens State Bank to make payments from your designated checking account
to the "Payees" you choose in accordance with this agreement. The terms and conditions of
this agreement are in addition to the account agreements, disclosures and other documents
in effect from time to time governing your account (The Account Rules).
"You" or "Your" means each person who is authorized to use the service. "Payee" means
anyone, including the Financial Institution, you designate and the Financial Institution
accepts as a "Payee".
ACCESSING THE SERVICE
* When you complete your bill paying enrollment form, you will select a User I.D. and a
Personal Identification Number (PIN).
* The Financial Institution will make every effort to accommodate your request.
* Each time you access the service, you will be asked to enter your User I.D. and PIN.
* Three (3) incorrect login attempts will cause the account to be locked out.
HOW TO SET UP PAYEES/PAYMENTS
* If you want to add a new "PAYEE", select the "Payee" tab located in your Bill Pay
application or speak to a service representative.
* You may add a new fixed payment to a "Payee" by accessing the service and entering the
appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions, or changes can be made in writing
or by using the service.
* The Financial Institution reserves the right to refuse the designation of a "Payee" for any
* You may pay any "Payee" within the United States (including U.S. territories and APO’s).
* The Financial Institution is not responsible for payments that can not be made due to
incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
THE BILL PAYING PROCESS
Single Payments - a single payment will be processed on the business day (generally
Monday through Friday, except certain holidays) that you designate as the payment’s
process date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date.
The daily cut-off time, which is controlled by the Financial Institution, is currently 2:00
A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be
processed on the next business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally
weekends and certain holidays) as the payment’s process date, the payment will be
processed on the first business day following the designated process date.
Recurring Payments - When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically
rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment,
a process date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated
process date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is
adjusted based upon the following rules:
* If the recurring payment‘s "Pay Before" option is selected, the process date for the new
occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the calculated
* If the recurring payment’s "Pay After" option is selected, the process date for the new
occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated process
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as
a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the
calculated process date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated
SINGLE AND RECURRING PAYMENTS
The system will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment. This is only an
estimate. Please allow ample time for you payments to reach your "Payees".
CANCELLING A PAYMENT
A bill payment can be changed or cancelled, anytime prior to the cutoff time on the
scheduled process date.
You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in
amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as, any other payment
obligations you have to the Financial Institution.
* The Financial Institution reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a bill
payment if you fail to comply with the above requirement or any other term of this
* If you do not have sufficient funds in the account and the Financial Institution has not
exercised its right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such payment
obligations on demand.
* You further agree that the Financial Institution, at its option, may charge any of your
accounts with the Financial Institution to cover such payment obligations.
The Financial Institution reserves the right to change the cut-off time. You will receive
notice if it changes.
* You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to, your Personal
Identification Number (PIN).
* You are liable for all transactions you make or that you authorize another person to make
even if that person exceeds his or her authority.
* If you want to terminate another person's authority, you must notify the Financial
Institution and arrange to change your PIN.
* You will be responsible for any bill payment request you make that contains an error or is
a duplicate of another bill payment.
* The Financial Institution is not responsible for a bill payment that is not made if you did
not properly follow the instructions for making a bill payment.
* The Financial Institution is not liable for any failure to make a bill payment if you fail to
promptly notify the Financial Institution after you learn that you have not received credit
from a "Payee" for a bill payment.
* The Financial Institution is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other
person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no
such party shall be deemed to be the Financial Institution's agent.
* In any event, the Financial Institution will not be liable for any special, consequential,
incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this agreement or
the service, even if the Financial Institution has knowledge of the possibility of them.
* The Financial Institution is not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is
caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond the Financial Institution's reasonable
The Financial Institution has the right to change this agreement at any time by notice mailed
to you at the last address shown for the account on the Financial Institution's records, by
posting notice in branches of the Financial Institution, or as otherwise permitted by law.
* The Financial Institution has the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
* You may terminate this agreement by written notice to the Financial Institution.
* The Financial Institution is not responsible for any fixed payment made before the
Financial Institution has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice.
* You remain obligated for any payments made by the Financial Institution on your behalf.
Business BillPay-e is free for the first month and $8 per month thereafter. This monthly
fee allows for 10 bill transactions. Each additional bill transaction over the allotted 10
payments are charged at a rate of $.50 per bill. Each payroll transaction regardless of
transactions paid will count as one transaction.
When a payment you have scheduled is processed (see "The Bill Paying Process"), funds
sufficient to cover the payment are removed from your account with Citizens State
Bank for transmittal to the designated Payee. In lieu of fees in addition to those listed
herein, once the funds are removed for processing, you will no longer earn, receive, or
otherwise be entitled to any interest, dividends, or other return on, or compensation for, the
Additional charges for customer requested services and other items. There will be No
Charge for any item if needed to correct a Financial Institution error.
* Written Correspondence to "Payee" : $10.00.
* Per proof of payment not necessitated by a dispute: $10.00.
* Payments returned due to customer error: $5.00.
* Cancellation Fee of each request for payment before disbursement: $7.50
* ACH Return Fee: $25.00.
* Express Mail correspondence: $15.00
* Overdraft Fee: $20.00.
Miscellaneous Product Fees
* Overnight Fee: $14.95
* 2nd Day Fee: $9.95
* Charitable Donations: $1.99
* Gift Pay: $2.99
The Financial Institution reserves the right to charge you for research time involving
payments no longer available in your screen history.
You will be informed of any such charges before they are incurred. Bill payments are
processed by Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT). Please see the Electronic Fund Transfers
Disclosure Statement included, or, received when you opened your account, which
discloses important information concerning your rights and obligations.