Terms & Conditions
BILL PAYING AGREEMENT/DISCLOSURE
FEE FOR BUSINESS BILL PAY
The first six (6) months of Business Bill Pay is free. After six (6) months, the cost will be
$5.95 per month. 10 FREE transactions per month - $.45 per item thereafter.
This is your bill paying agreement with CUMBERLAND FEDERAL BANK.
You may use CUMBERLAND FEDERAL BANK'S Business BillPay-e, to direct CUMBERLAND
FEDERAL BANK to make payments
from your designated checking account to the “Payees” you choose in accordance with this
agreement. The terms and conditions of this agreement are in addition to the account
agreements, disclosures and other documents in effect from time to time governing your
account (The Account Rules).
"You" or "Your" means each person who is authorized to use the service. "Payee" means
anyone, including the Financial Institution, you designate and the Financial Institution
accepts as a “Payee”.
ACCESSING THE SERVICE
• When you complete your bill paying enrollment form, you will select a User I.D.
and a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
• The Financial Institution will make every effort to accommodate your request.
• Each time you access the service, you will be asked to enter your User I.D. and
• Three (3) incorrect login attempts will cause the account to be locked out.
HOW TO SET UP PAYEES/PAYMENTS
• If you want to add a new “PAYEE”, select the “Payee” tab located in your Bill Pay
application or speak to a service representative.
• You may add a new fixed payment to a “Payee” by accessing the service and
entering the appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions, or changes can be
made in writing or by using the service.
• The Financial Institution reserves the right to refuse the designation of a “Payee”
for any reason.
• You may pay any “Payee” with-in the United States (including U.S. territories and
• The Financial Institution is not responsible for payments that can not be made
due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
THE BILL PAYING PROCESS
Single Payments – a single payment will be processed on the business day (generally
Monday through Friday, except certain holidays) that you designate as the payment’s
process date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date.
The daily cut-off time, which is controlled by the Financial Institution, is currently
2:00 PM Central Time.
A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be
processed on the next business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally
weekends and certain holidays) as the payment’s process date, the payment will be
processed on the first business day following the designated process date.
Recurring Payments - When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically
rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment,
a process date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated
process date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is
adjusted based upon the following rules:
• If the recurring payment‘s “Pay Before” option is selected, the process date for
the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the
calculated process date.
• If the recurring payment’s “Pay After” option is selected, the process date for the
new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as
a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the
calculated process date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated
SINGLE AND RECURRING PAYMENTS
The system will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment, this is only an
estimate, please allow ample time for you payments to reach your “Payees”.
CANCELLING A PAYMENT
A bill payment can be changed or cancelled, anytime prior to the cutoff time on the
scheduled process date.
You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in
amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as, any other payment
obligations you have to the Financial Institution.
• The Financial Institution reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a
bill payment if you fail to comply with the above requirement or any other term of this
• If you do not have sufficient funds in the account and the Financial Institution has
not exercised its right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such
payment obligations on demand.
• You further agree the Financial Institution, at its option, may charge any of your
accounts with the Financial Institution to cover such payment obligations.
The Financial Institution reserves the right to change the cut-off time. You will receive
notice if it changes.
• You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to, your
Personal Identification Number (PIN).
• If you want to terminate another person's authority, you must notify the Financial
Institution and arrange to change your PIN.
• You will be responsible for any bill payment request you make that contains an
error or is a duplicate of another bill payment.
• The Financial Institution is not responsible for a bill payment that is not made if
you did not properly follow the instructions for making a bill payment.
• The Financial Institution is not liable for any failure to make a bill payment if you
fail to promptly notify the Financial Institution after you learn that you have not received
credit from a “Payee” for a bill payment.
• The Financial Institution is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of
any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility,
and no such party shall be deemed to be the Financial Institution's agent.
• In any event, the Financial Institution will not be liable for any special,
consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this
agreement or the service, even if the Financial Institution has knowledge of the possibility of
• The Financial Institution is not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if
it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond the Financial Institution's reasonable
The Financial Institution has the right to change this agreement at any time by notice mailed
to you at the last address shown for the account on the Financial Institution's records, by
posting notice in branches of the Financial Institution, or as otherwise permitted by law.
• The Financial Institution has the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
• You may terminate this agreement by written notice to the Financial Institution.
• The Financial Institution is not responsible for any fixed payment made before
the Financial Institution has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice.
• You remain obligated for any payments made by the Financial Institution on your
The fee for the Bill Paying Service is: $5.95 per month, after the first six months. The
first 10 transactions are free - $.45 per item thereafter.
The Financial Institution reserves the right to charge you for research time involving
payments no longer available in your screen history.
You will be informed of any such charges before they are incurred. Bill payments are
processed by Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT). Please see the Electronic Fund Transfers
Disclosure Statement included, or, received when you opened your account, which
discloses important information concerning your rights and obligations.